The Sacro Monte of Ossuccio
Located on the western shore of Lake Como, on a slope behind Ossuccio (Municipality of Tremezzina), the Sacred Mount offers a splendid view of the lake, the mountains and the Comacina island.
Dedicated to the mysteries of the Rosary, it was presumably built by will of the Franciscans and the local noble families starting from the mid-seventeenth century and completed in 1710. It consists of fourteen chapels distributed along the path that climbs up to the sanctuary. The buildings, with articulated shapes and structures, surrounded by lush vegetation and olive groves, are in harmony with the landscape. The two hundred and thirty statues, in stucco and terracotta, were mostly shaped by Agostino Silva, while the frescoes were the work of artists such as Carlo Gaffuri, Francesco Innocenzo Torriani and Giovan Paolo Recchi.
Download mappa: File.pdf